I saw this question posed on Twitter today and felt like I had to give my opinion. It’s a debate as old of time. Taco vs. Burrito. The heavyweights of the Mexican cuisine. There isn’t necessarily a right answer to this matchup because you can’t go wrong with either but a winner must be chosen.
- More versatility. Hard and soft shells
- You see what you are getting
- Simpler makeup
- Ability to eat multiple
- Can’t eat on the go
- Not able to fit as many ingredients in
Overall: I choose tacos 9 times out of 10 but that tenth time nothing can beat a burrito
- Able to fit more ingredients
- Keeps warms better
- Better on the go
- Doesn’t shatter into millions of pieces after the first bite
- Too big. You feel like you are eating a small baby
- Uneven bites in terms of ingredients
- Harder to come by
Overall: Burritos are supremely underrated. If I want to make myself Mexican food my go to seems to be a burrito over a taco. Burrito bowls might be better though.
Conclusion: Tacos squeak bye but honestly it’s surprisingly close. A perfect burrito probably beats a perfect taco but you can’t top the GOAT food from south of the border.